What makes Irrawaddy Academy different:
We differentiate learning using mastery skill tracking, challenging every student to make attainable growth in every content area.
Our active, hands-on learning makes learning fun!
We teach life skills, not just academics, so that students find success and build the confidence they need to succeed at Irrawaddy Academy and beyond.
Our thoughtful use of technology allows teachers to specialize in their strengths, which means that our faculty get to do work that they love.
How we care for your child?
At Irrawaddy Academy, every student gets what they need to succeed.
- We do this with our academic and Life Skills curricula, which track student mastery so that everyone gets what they need to thrive.
- At Irrawaddy Academy, we involve parents in your child's education every step of the way.
- You are critical to your child's success, and we provide the technology and supports that bring you updates and information about your child's progress right to your fingertips. Our faculty are responsive, communicative, and as invested in your child's growth as you are - so we will partner with you to celebrate milestones, solve problems, and meet the needs of your whole family.
We are hiring!
- Cover Letter with contact information
- Copies of all college transcripts (unofficial)
- Three letters of recommendation dated in the last 12 months
- Teaching license information (those seeking a Tier 1 license should complete the first part of the PELSB Tier 1 License Application and we will work with you to complete the application)
in St. Paul.
Check back for updates on our location! We will be scheduling tours as soon as possible and we can't wait to meet you.
Faculty & Staff
We are searching for passionate, driven founding team members.
Our mission is to develop all students for academic and life success, and our faculty is on the front lines. Irrawaddy is designed to provide the system, training, and support you’ll need to thrive. What’s required of you is your mind, your tenacity, and your integrity.
Our founding team will be tasked with leading students through an active learning journey that meets children at their current level and then builds the foundation from which they can soar. Rather than worksheets and textbooks, our students learn from games, experiments, technology, and rigorous intellectual discussion that stimulate their enjoyment while challenging their brains. Instead of traditional grading, Irrawaddy uses an expansive mastery tracking system that includes key life skills such as executive function, strategic thinking, and community building. At Irrawaddy, the faculty inspire, emotionally develop, and bring out the type of higher-level thinking that students will need for lifetime success.